The first chapter of Hebrews is beautiful, enlightening, and foundational for Christian doctrine. It sets up Jesus as God in no uncertain terms, tell just how much of God we see in Jesus: the “radiance of his glory and the exact imprint of his nature” (Hebrews 1:3 ESV).
This is nothing short of breathtaking for me, that somehow the depths of God’s nature–the creator-king of the universe–are revealed in a humble man.
The mystery is unfathomable, yet it provides so much assurance that God is close, knowable, and that he desires to be known by us. Why else would he have chosen this way of salvation for his people?
Jesus is the crux of creation and reigns supreme over everything.
Posts in this series on Hebrews:
- The most unfathomable mystery?
- Our God suffers
- Do I believe?
- The path to inner healing
- Do you know what it means for Jesus to be your High Priest?
- This is one of the most disturbing passages in the New Testament
- Jesus the perfect priest did this once and for all
- A new kind of covenant
- Why the blood of Jesus is enough for me, you, and God
- Can you lose your salvation?
- What is saving faith anyways?
- The one reason you can’t give up when things get tough
- How to Please God